Getting to Toronto’s conference hotel (Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville)
Summary of transportation to Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville in Toronto
(from the Lester B. Pearson (Pearson) International Airport (YYZ)
The Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville is 35 KM (22 miles) from the Person Airport.
- Taxi ride will take about 45 minutes and will cost about CAD $65. Follow signs to the taxi queue and ignore any drivers who may approach you inside the terminal.
- Discount Aeroport taxi and limo service is offered for CAD $44 to the Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville Hotel (based on postal code M5S 1V8). Once you finish checking out your luggage, call 1-800-465-3434 and the taxi/limo should arrive within 10 minutes. For groups of 5 or 6 (or 4 people with lots of luggage), ask for a mini van. Tipping is optional but 10 to 15% is customary in Toronto.
- Rental car desks are located on the first floor of the terminal parking garages. Get on Hwy-427 South to Gardiner Expressway East (follow signs to downtown Toronto). Take the Gardiner to Spadina, exit Spadina North to Bloor, turn right on Bloor and hotel is on left after first set of lights. Hotel offers parking so mention that you need to reserve a spot when you book your room.
- While not recommended, if you don’t have much luggage and want to save money, take public transit (TTC) at airport terminal’s TTC bus stop (have exact CAD $3 ready for a ticket). Catch the 192 Airport Rocket express bus to Kipling subway station. Ask the driver for a "transfer". (This allows you to change between routes at street level without paying again, so long as you're making a continuous one-way trip. Since it's free, it's a good idea to always get one.)
At Kipling subway station, take the eastbound Bloor/Danforth subway line and take it all the way to St. George Station and go out the “St. George exit” at the west end of the platform. The conference hotel, Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville, is just above at 280 Bloor St.
Toronto’s main VIA Rail/train station is called “Union Station” and is located at 65 Front Street West. It is also on the Toronto subway line so “Union station” can refer to both the train and subway stations. The Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville hotel is 2.5 KM (1.5 miles) from the Union Station. A taxi ride from the Union station will cost about $12.
A subway ride will be $3 (go northbound to St. George Station and exit the station at the west end of the platform).
Located at St. George and Bloor, the hotel is easily accessible from Toronto's major highways. From the Gardiner, exit Spadina North to Bloor, turn right and the hotel is on your left after the first set of lights. From the 401 take the 427 south to the Gardiner or take the Don Valley south to Bloor, go West or right and watch for the hotel after St. George.
Bus services connecting North American cities operate out of Toronto’s Bus/Coach Terminal, located at 610 Bay St (NW side of Elizabeth Street and Dundas Street).
Bus companies include Greyhound Canada Transportation Corporation (GCTC), Coach Canada/Trentway-Wager, Inc., Ontario Northlands Transportation Commission (ONTC), Penetang-Midland Coach Lines (PMCL) and Can Air Coach Service.
Call 416-393-7911 for bus company fares and schedules.
From the Toronto Coach Terminal, take a 5 to 10 minute taxi ride (SW corner of terminal) to the Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville hotel. If you don’t have luggage and want to save a few dollars, take the subway called “TTC” from the Dundas station to St. George station (take southbound ‘around the loop’ directly to St. George station OR go northbound & transfer west at Yonge/Bloor station to St. George station).
Go out the “St. George exit” at the west end of the platform and the conference hotel, Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville, is just above at 280 Bloor St. W.
Useful Transportation Links
- Toronto Public Transportation System (TTC). The TTC is the network of public buses, streetcars and subways connecting the main Toronto region. Each ride can be a combination of bus/streetcar and subway ride, and costs CAD $3 regardless of distance to the final destination. Most places you’ll want tot visit in Toronto should be accessible by TTC. You may want to purchase bulk tickets (5 for $12.50, 10 for $25) or a weekly pass for $36.
- Car Rentals: Five rental car agencies are available on-site at Toronto Pearson, with 24-hour support to reserve, pick up, and return rental vehicles. Rental car agencies are located on Level 1 of the parking garages adjacent to each terminal.
- Find municipal ‘Green P’ parking spots.